The Giving Tree has Been Adopted by CHRIS Kids!
CHRIS Kids NOW identifies and helps adoptive families provide loving and stable homes for children from foster care and ensures support to families before, during and after the adoption process.
What does this mean to The Giving Tree families, volunteers, donors and community partners?
- Streamlined approach and access to additional community services/support
- Expanded expertise, knowledge and experience in family and child welfare arenas
- Increased capacity to serve more children and families
- Ensuring a broader array of funding and revenue opportunities
- A continuum of care for children, youth and families
- Guaranteed sustainability for future growth
- Access to the CHRIS Counseling Center for group and individual therapy, substance abuse counseling, family counseling, psychiatric services, and more services
- Trainings at the CHRIS Training Institute in areas such as: adoption, preventing abuse, anger management, foster care special topics, cultural competency, and more
For more information, please click the links below:
As our “Adoption” becomes final in 2013, The Giving Tree and CHRIS Kids will continue to keep you, Our Family, volunteers and donors, updated and informed. Throughout 2012, The Giving Tree remains a 501c3 nonprofit organization and maintains a separate tax identification number 58-2343600. You can continue to make donations by selecting “The Giving Tree” from the CHRIS Kids Donation Page. In 2013, when our “Adoption” is final, we will be fully incorporated into CHRIS Kids. If you have any questions about this exciting program integration process, please contact: John Dawson│Program Director │ Office: 404-633-3383